When it comes to jobs in the Architecture and Construction career cluster, many positions depend on work experiences more than education levels. Several Premier High Schools, located in areas where there is a high demand for workers in Architecture and Construction related positions, offer a CTE pathway in Architecture and Construction. If you are interested in a job in this sector, getting the advanced experience through a CTE program can help you get ahead in pursuing the career of your choice. For information about more Architecture and Construction jobs, follow this link.
- Landscape Architect
- Construction and Building Inspector
- Highway Maintenance Worker
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Worker-Helper
- Job Description: Plan and design land areas for such projects as parks and other recreational facilities; airports; highways; hospitals; schools’ land subdivisions; and commercial, industrial, and residential sites.
- Growth: 24%
- Wage: $66,894
- Openings: 40
- Education: Bachelor’s degree. The majority have college degree or better.
Construction and Building Inspector
- Job Description: Inspect structures using engineering skills to determine structural soundness and compliance with specifications, building codes, and other regulations. Inspections may be general in nature or may be limited to a specific area, such as electrical systems or plumbing.
- Growth: 23%
- Wage: $55,035
- Openings: 345
- Education: Work experience in a related occupation. The majority have some college.
- Job Description: Prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service. May specialize according to particular service performed or type of product manufactured.
- Growth: 28%
- Wage: $65,273
- Education: Work experience in a related occupation. Most have some college.
Highway Maintenance Worker
- Job Description: Maintain highways, municipal and rural roads, airport runways, and right-of-ways. Duties include patching broken or eroded pavement and repairing guardrails, highway markers, and snow fences. May also mow or clear brush from along road or plow snow from roadway.
- Growth: 18%
- Wage: $32,332
- Openings: 175
- Education: Moderate-term on-the-job training. The majority have a high school degree at most.
Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Worker-Helper
- Job Description: Apply hard tile, marble, and wood tile to walls, floors, ceilings and roof decks.
- Growth: 22%
- Wage: $25,720
- Openings: 985
- Education: Help installation, maintenance, and repair workers in maintenance, parts replacements, and repair of vehicles, industrial machinery, and electrical and electronic equipment. Perform duties such as furnishing tools, materials, and supplies to other workers; cleaning work area, machines, and tools; holding materials or tools for other workers.
While only five occupations are highlighted here, students can find more information at America’s Career InfoNet, Competency Model Clearinghouse, Occupational Information Network, and the U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook.
151 total views, 1 views today